Skip to content
To prepare t-shirts, fabric, pillowcases, etc.
- Pre-wash cotton t-shirts, fabric, etc. that will be tie-dyed
- Keep the pre-washed items moist in a bag or covered and ready to tie-up
To prepare dye for tie-dye
- Fill the squeeze bottles to the top of the bottle "label" with water
- When ready to dye, add 1/2 teaspoon of soda ash / dye activator included in your kit to each squeeze bottle
- The "activated" dye will be effective for up to 4 hours with best results obtained within two hours
Note: Squeeze bottle tips are sealed closed and need to be cut before use
Fold and tie-up t-shirts, fabric, pillowcases, etc. for tie-dye
- Fold and bind t-shirts or fabric per our folds or videos
- Dye on a plastic or protective covered table, crate or newspaper to catch excess dye
- Apply dye to both sides of fabric bundle
- Seal dyed shirt in a plastic bag
- Allow to sit for at least 12, but preferably 24 hours
- Cut or remove rubber bands/string
- Rinse/wash per usual in the washing machine
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.